Most of my time on vacation is spent on the beach, in the ocean, or doing some kind of outdoor activity (zip-lining over the jungle!), but there are also nice dinners out or shopping in town that I don’t want to look like a total mess for. I find that when I’m on vacation I don’t want to spend a lot of time getting ready, but I still want to look and feel pretty and polished. Since I’m usually in a tropical, humid place, I want my makeup and hair to be easy and natural, but still bring out my features. I also want to limit the amount of products I’m bringing, so there’s more room for flowy dresses, souvenirs and gifts to be brought home.
I think many women feel the same way, with wanting their beauty routine to be easy and quick while on vacation, but still feel good about how you look. And it can be hard to figure out what to pack and what to leave behind. I came up with a list of my 7 favorite beauty products to bring on vacation to help you with packing for your next vacation. And even though I went on a tropical vacation, this list can help you if you’re going somewhere cold or a work trip.
Before I get into my list, I also wanted to share the tip of bringing everything you can in travel-sized bottles. I’ll usually get travel sizes of my favorite shampoo and conditioner, hair sprays, and put my skincare in smaller jars or bottles too. You can get smaller jars, bottles and spray bottles from Target, or the MAC store has some nice options for containers too.
1. Sea Salt Spray- I love using sea salt sprays for an easy styling option for my hair. They give you nice, controlled beachy texture, and can bring out some waves in hair that is naturally straighter. I’ll usually jump out of the shower, spray on some sea salt spray all over my hair, scrunch it up and go. My favorites are by Phillp B, Bumble and Bumble, and Davines.
2. Dry Shampoo- I don’t blow dry my hair while on vacation (mostly because it’s too hot and I’ve usually forgotten my travel hair dryer), so I’ll use dry shampoo to give my hair volume at the roots, and to absorb any oil if I don’t want to wash it. I love the ones by Oribe and TiGi’s Dirty Secret.
3. Tinted Moisturizer- I keep my makeup minimal on vacation, but I still want my skin to look fresh and dewy. Instead of foundation, I like to use a tinted moisturizer (or BB or CC cream) to give me good coverage but still look natural. Plus they have SPF in them, so it’s one less thing I have to put on. I’ve been loving Smashbox’s CC cream, but also love Laura Mercier and Nars’ tinted moisturizers.
4. Waterproof eyeliner- There’s 2 eye products I’ll bring in my makeup bag, and this is one of them. You have so many options with an eyeliner, and waterproof is a must if you’re in a humid location or will be in the water. I bring 2 eyeliners with me- a brown one for naturally enhancing my eyes, and a teal one for a fun pop of color. You can apply into the lashes for natural definition, a thick bold line, or smudge it all around your eye for a sexy smoky eye. Make Up For Ever and Urban Decay have great staying power and an awesome color range for eye liners.
5. Waterproof mascara- having thick, long black lashes is sometimes all you need on your eyes. MAC, Make Up For Ever and Dior make great mascaras. I also love Loreal’s Voluminous in Carbon Black.
6. Bronzer or Nars Multiple- You’re going to need some color in your face for a fresh glow. Since I love dewy skin, I’ll use a powder bronzer as my powder to add a glow to my skin, and then pop some color on my cheeks with my current favorite Nars Multiple in Na Pali Coast. The Na Pali Coast adds some coral to my cheeks, but you could also get a multiple in a bronzy color to keep it simple. And if you haven’t checked out the Multiples yet you must! They can be used on the cheeks, eyes and lips and are awesome for keeping things simple.
7. Tinted lip balm with SPF. I like to keep things easy on my lips, and I don’t want to have to worry about touching up or my lipstick melting down my face. A tinted lip balm is perfect for giving natural color but also protecting your lips from the sun. Fresh makes amazing lip balms with 7 beautiful colors, and they have SPF 15 in them for protection. Plus they are super hydrating, and give shine to your lips.
I’ve shared my must-bring beauty faves for travel with you and I’d love to hear from you what your favorite products are to bring on vacation! Leave a comment below to share what makes you feel pretty and put together on vacation, but is still easy and natural, or share any tips you have on keeping things simple while travelling. And if you found these helpful, please share with your friends!