Nothing says Summer like bronzed, glowing skin. When I was younger, I enjoyed baking in the sun or tanning beds to get my tan on. And when I was lounging by the pool, I’m afraid to say there might have been baby oil involved!
Now, I’m wiser and protect my skin from the sun with SPF and limiting my sun exposure. But I still love the look of bronzed skin! Whenever I see Jennifer Aniston glowing in my US Weekly, I look at my own pale, sunless skin and cry. (Well, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit).
I’m not one for getting weekly spray tans, so I have to resort to other options. And my obsession with safely tanned skin is to your benefit today! This week on the blog, I’m sharing my favorite products for getting a beautiful bronzed look, from your head to your toes! Read below to find out my top picks for the face and the body.
BRONZERS FOR THE FACE
1. Nars Bronzing Powder: This one always makes my list, and has been a favorite for a long time. (If you signed up for my free guide to the 7 Products Every Woman Needs, you might have noticed this is on there!). There are 2 colors, both of which give you an easy, naturally bronzed look. Laguna is perfect for light to medium skin tones, while Casino works great for darker skin tones. I also love using these bronzers to contour. Because they aren’t orange or sparkly, they work great as contour powders.
2. Giorgio Armani Maestro Liquid Summer SPF 15- This liquid bronzer is a new favorite, and I’m in love with it. Just a few drops on your skin or in your favorite foundation gives you the most beautiful, summer glow. No powder bronzer required after! On my no foundation days, I’ll apply just a bit of this all over my skin to give life to my skin. There are 3 colors to choose from to fit every skin tone.
3. Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil- I was introduced to this product at a makeup trade show, and it’s been in my kit and personal stash every since. This bronzing powder has hints of warm gold and copper pigments in it to make your skin look radiant. As it has more of a sparkle to it than other bronzers, I like to keep everything else really clean and simple to let the skin be the star of the party. There are 2 colors to suit any skin tone.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer- If you’re looking for a great waterproof bronzer, then this is a great choice for you! The matte, warm color is perfect for a naturally tanned look that will stay put in the pool, or while sweating alongside it. Tarte is also known for being a more natural makeup line that has ingredients that are good for your skin rather than harmful for it.
5. Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow- This is a new addition to my kit and I’m obsessed with it. On one side you have a beautiful bronzer that you use to sculpt cheekbones or give warmth to your skin. On the other side you have a gorgeous champagne highlighter that gives the most radiant light to your skin.
BRONZERS FOR THE BODY
1. Nars Body Glow- When I think of hot summer nights and going out with friends or my love, this product immediately comes to mind as a must for my beauty routine. This beauty oil gives your skin softness, plus a beautiful bronzed sheen that makes your skin irresistible. The Monoi De Tahiti oil has the most divine scent, and the bronze shimmer in the oil makes your skin luminous.
2. Lancome Flash Bronzer Self-Tanning Body Gel- This is a great tinted self tanning gel for a longer lasting tan. I love that the gel is tinted so you not only can you see where you are applying it but it gives you an instant tan, while a longer self tan is developing. It’s great for when you want to look like you’ve been lounging all day by the pool without the sun damage.
3. Hempz Touch of Summer Daily Moisturizer- If you’re looking for a more gradual self tanner that adds tons of moisture to your skin, then this is a great one. It leaves your skin super soft and with a gradual tan, and is really easy to blend in. I use this all winter long to keep my skin hydrated and with a natural color minus the streaks that some self tanners leave behind.
4. Caudalie Divine Legs- Here is a gem I discovered in Paris. I love the Caudalie Divine Oil, and had to try out the Divine Legs to see if it lived up to the name. And it does! It’s a gorgeous body lotion that gives a golden bronze glow to your legs with a hint of shimmer. Your legs will have that perfect summer glow.
5. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs- This leg makeup has long been in the kits of makeup artists everywhere. It’s great for not only giving a great, water resistant instant tan, but also covering up veins and other imperfections. It comes in the original spray and now in a lotion form. Plus you can’t beat the price! You can find it at most drug stores.
What’s your favorite way to fake the look of a long vacation at the beach? Do you have a favorite bronzer or tip that I haven’t mentioned above? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!